Sunday, August 13, 2017

Vermont Doll Lovers Meeting August 12, 2017

Lots of photos today so I'll keep text to a minimum. We had 8 attendees at yesterday's meetup: 5 members and 3 guests. Everyone brought dolls! They ran the gamut from an oh-so-real looking elf reborn to anime figures to BJDs. (Click on any photo to enlarge.)
My girls. I'll introduce FID Raffine (on right) next week.
Bittersweet Blue's crew
Dancing Hare's (NY guest) elf baby, made from a kit. He didn't cry once!
Modern Wizard's big girls.
Lyrajean's crew
Bishonen Steve belongs to Melface.
Part of Urban Hermit's (Montreal guest) crew
Two really big guys from Granado and Dollits.
Melface's crew
Anime figures and skeleton crew.
Uh-oh! (Belongs to Bittersweet Blue)

Lyrajean's Licca

10 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had fun. When I first saw the elf baby picture, I thought it was a real baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was everyone's reaction to the elf baby. If you're not familiar with "reborn" dolls, it's the process of taking an existing baby doll and repainting it, re-rooting hair (or adding hair if the doll started out bald), re-stuffing and/or making sculptural modifications, etc. The dolls always come out much more realistic than they started out. This was the first one I've ever seen in person.

      Delete
  2. Love seeing your meetup photos, so much fun and so much variety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Meetups are always fun. I love when we have guests, because they bring so many new things to the table.

      Delete
  3. I love the photos too! So much variety and creativity!
    (Also, did you see Raccoon doll's new Elf Daisy! Oh My!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was even more variety--I had so many photos that I think I may have missed showing a few dolls.

      Daisy Elf is amazing! I can't afford/have no room for another full doll at the moment, but I'm planning to order her head. She can share bodies with one of the others. I love elves.

      Delete
  4. So many lovely dolls!! Hope you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! I like that people also bring dolls that are off topic at Den of Angels. There are so many interesting dolls that I'm not aware of.

      Delete
  5. I am glad I am not the only one who thought it was real at first glance. Very interesting mix at this meetup. It's funny to see dolls I've come across on DOA in a 'real life' environment. Thanks for sharing the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The elf baby even handled like a real baby, which totally freaked me out. Eeek!

      Delete