http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/ .) Scale is problematic, as the fabric is designed for humans rather than dolls. I knew I would have to make do with something in the spirit of, even if the colors differed. That goes for patterns, too. All the kilts I've made so far were inspired by a pleated skirt pattern for Kaye Wiggs MSD girls. Designs by Jude has a pattern called Dandy for male dolls. It said 18th Century to me so I went with it. So far I've used the shirt, coat and waistcoat, although I've shortened the long waistcoat to waist length. I'll probably alter the frock coat pattern to get a short jacket that Jamie can wear for everyday, because the coat looks too much like his wedding finery. I went to a completely different pattern for his stock.
https://www.fabric.com/ and other sites.) The cotton panel is 24 inches wide by 44 inches tall, so there is enough to clip to the top of my 36-inch tall shoji screen and still have a little left over for the dolls to stand on. Much as I wish it were wider, I am thrilled to have it because the only thing better would be to have my dolls actually on scene in Scotland.