After posting last week I figured out how to finish the sleeve lining for the Designs by Jude Opulent gown. (Not sure of the period. It feels vaguely 18th Century to me.) I decided I disliked the row of silk flowers edging the overskirt, so I removed them and scattered them across the front of the overskirt instead, where I positioned them over printed flowers of the same color, along with some extra beads to cover same-color dots. I didn't extend the decorations to the back, figuring they would get crushed when the doll is seated.
Brianna, my FM60 Cygne, has a new Casual Summer skirt and vest set from DollHeart. I had been eyeing this set for some time, thinking the style would suit her perfectly. It's hard to get an exact fit for a Moe body. Volks size SD10/13 comes pretty close, although I did have to move the skirt's snap to fit her narrower waist. Also the vest/blouse shoulders have a tendency to ride up, but I haven't figured out what to do about it short of tugging the front down every so often. If the back looks ill fitting in some photos, that's where my doll stand grabs her. I can hide the waist gripper under the lace in front but not in back where the edges are sewn flat. The outfit includes lace underpants, a sort-of macramé looking shawl that DollHeart shows wrapped around the doll's hips, and a length of lace for use as a headband. (It didn't work with this wig.) The outfit is sold out at DollHeart; I found it at Fabric Friends and Dolls. I added the necklace, which consists of a tiny corset that was part of a set of Steampunk charms.