Gratitude

Sunday, April 23, 2017

A Dancer and a Chair

This past week I got into a discussion on Den of Angels about Dollmore's Ballet Kid Pirouette Zinna. Looking for a photo that might answer the questions, I was surprised to find nothing more recent than snaps from the doll meet-up nearest Pirouette's arrival in July 2015. That's one of the hazards of buying a full-set doll for which no other outfits are available. As lovely as she is, once I've shown her there is nothing new or noteworthy to share unless I put her in a story, which I haven't done.

A day or two later I was pawing through a box of doll clothing, looking for something else, when I came across a ballet costume I had made for a Mini Supia years ago. I don't think I ever tried it on Pirouette. Would it fit? It did. I found a pair of white tights and the black ballet shoes I purchased from Dollmore. (Why do they sell toe shoes in other colors but no additional costumes?) At last, an excuse for photos. I'll let you enjoy them without further commentary.

8 comments:

  1. I think these little Dollmore girls are my favorites of your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fishcake! They're some of my favorites, too.

      Delete
  2. Can she not wear clothes made for the regular kid Dollmore dolls? She seems to have the same body, other than the legs/feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she can. The issue is finding something she can dance in. She's my one and only ballerina and I'd like her to have more ballet costumes.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I repainted her. Her original makeup was heavily green and yellow. I wanted something softer.

      Delete
  4. Oh my she looks stunning!!! I love her new faceup, and the poseability!! So realistic and versatile!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Musume! I love how poseable she is. After I posted this I took more photos, this time showing her in mid-leap. I want to post them soon.

      Delete