Sunday, December 18, 2016

The Elves Choose the Tree

With Christmas only a week away, the WithDoll elves, their Star and Moon spirit guardians and LumeDoll cousin went into the forest to choose a Christmas tree. They took a moment to pose with their selection. After they bring it in, other groups of dolls will take turns adding trims and decorations--and of course posing with the results.

In addition to posing everyone with the tree this week, I hope to make a new dress for WithDoll Priscilla. At Mia W's suggestion, I tried Priscilla's blue dress on Model Delf Annette. The dress is just as short on Annette as it is on Priscilla--although it looks longer with her shorter heel height--but because the bodice is loose on top and Annette has a larger bust, it fits Annette better.

Here's a close-up:

Unfortunately, yesterday's snow storm meant I couldn't get to this month's doll meet-up. If anyone is interested in seeing photos of the gathering, click on this link: http://vtdolllovers.blogspot.com/2016/12/vermont-doll-lovers-meetup-12172016.html#more

10 comments:

  1. That tree looks adorable!! And Annette's looks very pretty on the dress!
    Sad that you couldn't go to the meet D: I do hope you can go next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Musume! I chose the tree a few years ago with doll photos in mind.
      I want to make a gray dress for Priscilla. It would look better with her cloak than the blue. I have the fabric. I just need to decide on a pattern.
      I hope I can go to next month's meet, too. Mid-January is always unsettled. We could have a foot of snow, or we could have warm weather.

      Delete
  2. Your elves look amazing close to the tree ^^ I'll be waiting for the pics of the rest of you family close to it. And the new dress, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mayumi! The elves take their job very seriously. I have sunshine today, so I will set up for photos and take as many as I can.

      Delete
  3. Your dolls look absolutely fantastic in their outfits. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Merry Christmas to you, too. I'll be posting more of the dolls with the tree on Christmas and New Year's.

      Delete
  4. What a nice looking tree!!
    Annette looks gorgeous in that dress, I think the color really favors her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It wasn't easy finding a nice full artificial tree in doll size. I only wish it looked more natural on the bottom.
      The blue is a gorgeous color, no matter which doll wears it. The fabric was left over from the Elsa costume I made for FeePle60 Mirwen last year.

      Delete
  5. :) I feel honoured. She looks lovely. And so do all the christmas pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you suspected, Annette looks great in blue.

      Delete