Gratitude

Sunday, November 13, 2016

PukiFee Rin, Sheep Story

This little lady made me miss my doll meet-up yesterday. I saw that she was out for delivery first thing in the morning so I decided to wait for her before leaving for the meet-up. Normally my mail arrives between noon and 2:00 p.m. The meet-up runs from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. but the town where it's held is 26 miles away. As long as she arrived early in the 12-2 time period I'd make it. What I hadn't taken into consideration was Friday's Veterans Day holiday, which meant there would be more mail to deliver. And sure enough, the mail arrived at 2:45 p.m. If I left immediately and drove like a woman possessed, I might possibly get to the meet-up by 3:20 p.m., but by the time I finished setting up everyone else would be taking down. Oh well. There's always next month.
"How happy am I to be here? This much!"

Rin is my third attempt at a PukiFee. Five years ago I bought Zoe, who despite being cute as the dickens just didn't have staying power. Her head seemed heavy for her body, which made her topple over. I sold her and moved on. Two years later I bought multi-head Bonnie and Zefi. The term multi-head is misleading. It refers not to a doll with more than one head but to a doll whose head fits more than one FairyLand body, in this case PukiFee and PukiPuki. Again, they were cute as could be but the size just didn't take. So here I am again, giving PukiFee another try. Considering how well the Realpukis have settled in, I think the size may click this time. I only hope it doesn't open the floodgates to a whole tribe of them!
All the goodies (plus manual, CoA and postcards)

I had a love-at-first-sight reaction to Rin's FairyLand photos. That was odd in and of itself, as Rin in the larger sizes provokes instant aversion. At the risk of alienating other Rin owners, I have to say that to me larger Rins look dopey. Sorry, but that's how I see it. PukiFee Rin's sheep ears and hooves immediately pegged her as a potential friend for my WithDoll Lamb Laney, which ultimately is what sealed the deal.
I bought the Sheep Story full set, partly because the thing that first attracted me to Multi-head Bonnie was the Shepherd Girl outfit with its adorable sheep hat. Of course by the time I bought Bonnie only the basic doll was available. The only way I could get a sheep hat was by making one myself. It just wasn't the same. (If you've guessed that I regret having sold Bonnie you're right.)
"Meet my friends."
Rin's full set includes the doll (in beauty white resin to match my two WithDolls) plus outfit, wig and shoes, unpainted resin sheep ears and hooves, extra human hands, a sleeping faceplate, eyes and makeup. While I didn't get a face-up on the sleeping face, I did upgrade to the glittery eyes in the promotional photos. Then, in order to qualify for the event faceplate, which I had forgotten to add to my order, I purchased the Pink Flower outfit, which is now sold out. I still have the Pink Bonbon set that I bought for one of the previous girls, so Rin will be all set for a while. When I finally get Lulu and Lamb Chop out of their fox and sheep outfits, I'm hoping they can fit into the PukiFee clothing. It's hard to tell when they're covered in faux fur and padding.
With a curly wig and Lamb Chop

With good weather predicted for today and tomorrow, I'm tempted to paint Rin's sheep parts. There's not much to it, just a bit of pink inside the ears and a bit of brown tipped with black on the hooves. It hardly seems worth it to haul out all my supplies for so little. On the other hand, there are the sleep and event faceplates, and AileenDoll baby Ashes needs some extra paint in a few spots.
Chilling with Lulu

I'm hoping for another delivery tomorrow. I say "hoping" because the doll doesn't show up yet in the USPS system, even though EMS shows it having landed at JFK on Friday. Who's the doll? I'm not saying, other than that I am very, very excited!
The end

8 comments:

  1. Who needs a doll meet if there's such a cutie to be unpacked? I love the costumes (Although I thought it was a gremlin first- I guess it's fox, right?). I hope you get the delivery tomorrow and write about your exciting new family member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia! I agree with you. Yes, the one you thought was a gremlin is a fox--she arrived a little over a month ago. Tomorrow's hoped-for delivery still doesn't show up as such online. When the post office has a backlog of mail, they sometimes don't bother to scan it.

      Delete
  2. Rin is adorable! The curly wig looks really nice on her as well. I am so tempted to get a Rin, but I will have to wait until my credit card recovers. Fairyland keeps releasing too many cute dolls!
    I know what you mean about the Pukifee heads. At first I hated how big and top heavy they were, but I got used to them. Now I adore them and I actually want almost every Pukifee there is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! I bought the curly wig for another doll, then decided it might look cuter on Rin. My Zoe was definitely top heavy, but I also wonder if the shoes were at fault. The little fox is wearing them. They have a thin sole and no heel, so they don't provide much support. I'm tempted to order another PukiFee with better shoes to see if they help her stand better! :) They're all really cute.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you missed the meeting but how cute is this girl!!! She looks so adorable and tiny and perfect~ love the eyes and the outfit and she looks great next to your withdolls, can I hope for a photoshotry between these 3 cuties? :D!!

    Hope you receive the doll you are waiitng soon, I'm so curious now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fantasywoods! I love her too. I'm hoping to do a photostory at some point--the ideas are a little slow in coming this time.

      The USPS website still has no updates on the doll I'm waiting for. I have a feeling the first update I see will be an "out for delivery" notice. At least I hope so!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting her!!! Rin is gorgeous and she looks great with her friends! Sad that you missed the meet, though D:

    But let's be honest, this size is an addiction and sooner or later you are gonna have a horde of them! xD

    I hope you will do some photos with all your tinies together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Musume! I'll get to experience the meet through other people's photos. (Won't be the first time.)

    Oh gosh, I sure hope I don't end up with a horde of PukiFees! That's always the danger when you open the door to a new size.

    I certainly will do photos with all the tinies. Rin looks good with AileenDoll Lapis, as well as the WithDoll tinies. She might also work with Doll Chateau Ada.

    ReplyDelete