I love the new slim body. The only place it's slimmer is in the hips and thighs, which you can't see with the fuller dresses, but it's just enough to balance out the small bust. I haven't ordered a Raccoon Doll with the larger bust, so I'm not sure how the smaller hips and thighs affect the overall proportions there. I expect I'll be sticking with the slim body small bust from now on.
Over the last few days the girls have switched wigs several times. Wigs are one of the fun things about collecting BJDs. You can change a doll's appearance completely by a change of hair color and style. I still need to photograph Lucy in her finished pantsuit, which she wears with the Monique Paris stripe punk wig. The only thing holding me up is that I want to make a hat to go with the suit. I should get to that today.
I'm looking forward to some sunshine so I can get better pictures. The weather has been gray all week, which limits my photo-taking to a few hours of bright gray light each day. I also want to take photos of all four Raccoon Dolls together--other than the one below, that is.
From left to right: Lucy in FairyLand MiniFee high heels; Gene in Iplehouse JID patent leather pumps (probably not real leather); Sarah in Iplehouse JID pink and gray pumps; Mika in Iplehouse JID patent leather heels with the ankle straps removed. The Iplehouse JID shoes are a tiny bit loose, so stockings help assure a more secure fit. The pink and gray pumps are the loosest, so I added felt insoles inside the shoes. The scale of the Iplehouse heels works well with these girls, and the arch is a perfect match. The MiniFee heels are a perfect fit on bare feet but will not accommodate stockings.
This week I need to get back to my Elsa Project. I feel some urgency because my FairyLand order status has changed to Before Shipping. Just my luck--the doll will be here before her outfit is finished. I only hope we get a short spell of warmer weather (i.e., above freezing, with no precipitation) so I can do her face-up.
While I'm in editing mode, here is Lucy's finished pantsuit with my silly little hat. It's an attempt at a garrison cap. I didn't use a pattern. I looked at a few online, then played it by ear. I forgot to add seam allowances, so it ended up smaller than intended in some parts.