Gratitude

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Steaming Through Time - Chapter 4

Daniel breaks for lunch while sorting parts for the control panel.  It's a thankless job and he is far from happy, especially when his stowaway enters the room.
Daniel:  You again. I know for a fact that Daphne fed you, so don't come to me begging for food.  Do you know how much trouble you've caused?  We're in the wrong place at the wrong time and we can't move on--all because of you.

Tweazel can only look at him with imploring eyes.

Daniel:  Is there an alternate universe where you have the ability to speak?  Because I would love to know where you came from.  You must have a mother somewhere.  Brothers?  Sisters?  A home?  Believe me, I would be happy to return you to that place, no matter that Daphne wants to make a pet of you.
Daniel:  Stop looking at me like that.  In fact, why don't you go sit on the bench--out of my way.
Daniel:  Thank you.  G-r-r-r!  You look just like Daphne when she's trying to soften me up.  (He sighs.)  Oh, very well.  You can have my grapes.  But that's all.
Tweazel:  R-o-o-a-a-r!

Daniel:  What?  You don't like grapes?  I don't have any cookies.  Are you thirsty?  All right, take it.  Try not to make a mess.
Daniel:  So much for lunch.  I may as well get back to work and see if I can figure out what you did to my controls.
Daniel:  You wouldn't like to tell me which parts you pulled out of where, would you?
Tweazel:  R-o-o-a-a-r!

Daniel:  I can't tell if you're answering me or simply begging for something else to chew on.
Daniel (muttering):  What I need is a voice translator that can interpret "dragon".  And you had better not be eying what's left of my lunch, Tweazel, because I'm still hungry.  Hungry enough, in fact, to eat a dragon.
Daniel:  I know you're back there, so don't get any ideas.  You hear me?

To be continued...





2 comments:

  1. I love the different expressions on Tweazel's face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the movable jaw that makes him so expressive. He looks innocent with his mouth shut, but open his mouth by gradual degrees and he can look frightened or even menacing. I just love this little guy!

      Delete