Gratitude

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lost in the Birch Woods

What the...?  This is the third time I've entered this clearing.  
I'm sure of it.  I must be going round in circles.
But which way is out?
(Well, well.  This is interesting.  Shall I help him?)
Peace, traveler.
Wha...?  Who are you?
I am Sionna of the Forest.  Don't be afraid.
I'm not afraid.  You startled me, that's all.
(She has fox ears.  What is she?)
I am no stranger to the Birch Woods.  You are lost.  I can help you find your way.
(The fox is a trickster.  If I accept her help, will she send me deeper into the forest?)
It's up to you, of course.  If you don't want my help, I'll go.
(She's not entirely human.  And I'm not entirely sure.)
Wait!  Don't go.
Do you accept my help?
I do.
(What will it cost me, I wonder?  And so help me, she has a tail!)
Do I have your full trust, traveler?
You do.
Your path lies in that direction.
I've gone that way.  Three times.  You lie to me again and I'll run you through.
I do not lie.  Follow the path to the first fork.  Bear right, not left as you have done three times before.  Then bear left out of the next clearing and continue on your way.  If you lose the path again, follow the fox.  She will lead you free and clear of the wood.
(Follow the fox?  Truly?  But she is the fox.  I follow her to my peril.)
The choice is yours, traveler.  Follow, or not.  And good luck to you.











2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Sionna is gorgeous, and your traveler is rather handsome as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is more to the story, so stay tuned...

      Delete