Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pumpkin Glow

My Iple BIDs were still in costume from the doll meetup earlier in the month, so I took some Halloween photos of them, along with Narin (dressed as a pirate) and JID Tania (dressed as a Goth/Punk pirate--sort of).  I had one mini pumpkin left that hadn't gone bad.  Oddly enough, it was the white one.  They are known as Caspar pumpkins, as in Caspar the friendly ghost.  I shot indoors, both because it was a cold day and because the lawn maintenance crew that takes care of my development was out on riding mowers, kicking up mown grass and chopped-up leaves and making a level of noise I usually associate with chainsaws.  Not the best time to take dolls outdoors.

What to do?  Hello dining table and shoji screen festooned with Halloween fabric--my go-to backdrop when all else fails.  I took my photos, downloaded them to my computer and yawned. Another set of boring group photos.  They needed something.  Well, why not?  Time to play with PhotoShop.  A word of warning: these photos are not Art.  All I did was apply effects and filters, just for the fun of it.  (Click on any photo to see it larger and get the full effect.)

Here goes.

Colored lights dancing in the forest.  What could it mean?  

A ghostly pumpkin, glowing eerily.

"Hey!  Where did the light go?"

"It doesn't like you, Yuri.  See?  It glows 
white when I touch it.  Nice pumpkin."

The twins are thinking anything but nice pumpkin.
Do you think it can read their minds?

"It's like there are fairies in the forest."


"Pumpkin fairies?"

"Pumpkin Spirit, will you let us pass through this wood 
tonight unharmed?  All of us, including Yuri and the bees?"

The eerie lights disappear.
"I guess the answer is yes.
Come on kids.  Let's go home."


Hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween.



2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love the spooky effects on the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love how the Ringo twins look positively demonic--they have only lights for eyes. The friendly pumpkin didn't care for them at all. He-he-he.

      Delete