Gratitude

Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Day in Fairyland

Part of the fun in collecting ball jointed dolls is changing the dolls' appearance, be it via wigs, eyes or costumes.  I'm still experimenting with Colette (FM60 Mirwen) to see what suits her.  I really like the first combination I had on her with the short red wig, short denim skirt, white blouse and blue vest, and white Gothic ballerina shoes.

We had an accident of sorts when I took off the shoes to try on another pair: the foot came off but the magnet stayed behind, firmly stuck to the magnet in the ankle.  Oops!  Those are some mighty powerful magnets.  I'm guessing the glue wasn't up to the job.  I separated the magnets and glued the one back into the foot, but I'm not certain it will stick.  As usual, my super glue dried in the tube between uses, so I had to make do with Aleene's Tacky Glue.  Until I can buy more of the super stuff, I have put Colette's heel feet on and let her try on some of the high heels I have on hand.

One thing led to another.  High heels demanded a dress and the dress suggested a new wig.  We tried a short knit dress from Elfdoll and a short blonde wig from LeekeWorld.  I'm not sure the blousy top suits her.  I'd like to try to sew a similar dress, maybe with a little less fabric on top.

The switch inspired me to change F65 Siean as well. Not too long ago I ordered some clothing from Iplehouse.  One of the items was a dress for SID called Misty Secret Garden.  Here it is on Samantha, my SID Grace:

What you can't see in the photo is that the dress didn't lace completely across Samantha's back, so I put it on nYID Olivia.  It felt big and heavy on Olivia, so I decided it was time to try it on Siean.  I don't know what it is about that girl, but she always looks good in Iplehouse clothing.  Her body is more nipped in at the waist, so the lacing fit better.  The dress is also a better fit across her bust.

Once Siean had on the Misty Secret Garden dress and a wig that felt more in keeping with the mood of the outfit, I couldn't resist trying Siean's curly red wig on Colette.  I have since changed Colette's dress as well, but for the photos she was still wearing the gray knit.

On the MiniFee front, I recently bought two outfits for Ellowyne Wilde on sale.  Ellowyne's shoes and pantyhose never fit, but the rest of the outfits did.  The yellow dress also has a fake fur coat in the same vibrant yellow.  I didn't photograph it.  Maybe next time.  It's a hard color to wear.  I put it on Chloe because her makeup and red hair were bold enough to offer some contrast.  It would have washed out white skinned Calandra (Juri 2008), who nevertheless looks ethereally lovely in lavender.  I only wish these two could wear Ellowyne's dainty footwear.


3 comments:

  1. Good outfit choices for these girls. You are right; the lavender really does look good on Calandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit choices!

    Could I ask what kind of stands you use for the larger dolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Just wanted you to know that I am not ignoring your question. The fact is, you gave me an idea for my next post, so be sure to tune in on Sunday.
      Thanks!

      Delete