Saturday, October 25, 2014

Introducing FairyLand's FM60 Mirwen

She's here!  She is FairyLand's FeePle60 Mirwen on the new Moe-line body. 

I've waited a long time for this doll.  Not that it took an inordinate amount of time for FairyLand to send her.  It took just under three months from order to shipping, which is about normal when ordering direct from the company.  Instead, the long wait stems from the initial debut of the original FeePle 60 body.  After much anticipation, I was disappointed to see the finished product.  The promo photos showed a lower torso joint that didn't sit flush on the pelvis. It looked like it would be forever popping out.

Enter the new Moe-line body.  The pesky lower torso joint is gone, replaced by a single smooth lower torso and pelvis combined.  This doll has other issues, namely the same ultra-delicate hands and fat, tiny feet as the Moe-line MiniFee, which I don't care for.  Luckily they can be changed whenever FairyLand re-releases the regular F60 bodies and parts.  On the other hand, the M60 feet fit into shoes that none of my other current dolls can wear, so maybe I won't be so quick to replace them.  And the hands are shaped so as to enable them to hold items, which is a good thing too, so long as I don't break any of those delicate fingers.

I ordered the Mirwen head with this body because I already have the MiniFee version and I like the sculpt.  She is one of the more mature looking heads they make and also has smaller eyes.  At 16mm they're still large, especially compared to the 12mm eyes in my Iplehouse dolls, but they are smaller than the 18mm eyes many of FairyLand's other large sculpts wear.  Many owners replace the default eyes with smaller eyes.  Currently I have her in 14mm glass eyes.  I don't think I can go smaller without gaps in the corners, unless I find 12mm oval eyes that I like.  The oval eyes I've seen just don't have the same color selection the round eyes have.
In order to qualify for one of FairyLand's event gifts I ordered the sleeping head in addition to the regular head and got make-up for both.  Forgot to photograph the sleeping head--I'll show it another time.  I rarely buy these, but a closed-eye sculpt can look asleep or it can look like it's awaiting a kiss.  Until I get her a boy in her size, that head will continue to sleep.  (My event gift was a MiniFee Soony Elf head.)

Her face-up struck me as more colorful than my previous FairyLand face-ups.  The makeup is darker and bolder than Siean's.  It's possible that Siean has faded slightly since I got her, but I don't remember her ever having such high color as Mirwen.  I was particularly struck by all the red around her eyes.  It was only upon closer inspection that I noticed her eyelashes are red.  Eventually I may change those to black.  For now, especially with the dark red-brown wig I found for her, they work.  Speaking of wigs, she has quite a large head.  My regular size 8/9 wigs don't go on easily if they go on at all.  Luckily I have some 8/9s that run large, like the LeekeWorld wig she is wearing in these photos.  She can also wear an Iplehouse size 9/10, which means she will be sharing wigs with Siean.

So how does the FM60 body move?  Beautifully.  I find her easier to pose than my FeePle65 Siean.  For one thing, I've never been able to get Siean to sit.  Mirwen sat easily the first time I tried.  She has shorter legs and a lower center of gravity, which may help.  In fact, she is surprisingly short, period.  The thing to remember with the numbers is that they refer to the height of the male doll in that particular line.  The female is always a few centimeters shorter, and the Moe-line body is shorter still.  The difference in height between the Moe 60 and the regular 65 is huge, but not as huge as the photo above makes it seem.  Siean is wearing heels, Mirwen has flats on.
Selfie!

Some dolls take their sweet time letting me know what I should call them.  This one gave me her name as soon as I put a wig on her.  It's Colette, she is French and her hobby is photography.  I am notoriously bad at remembering names.  Let's see how long I remember this one.

Have I mentioned that I absolutely love this girl?  I eagerly await FairyLand's next release of the F60 Moe line so that I can order another one.  Wonder which sculpts they will make available next time?

3 comments:

  1. She's cute. I love her outfit. I totally believe she is French with a photography hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely! Interesting to know that that she wears such a large size of wig - I wouldn't have guessed that a 9/10 would be the right size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a big round noggin. An 8/9 wig can fit if it's stretchy, but a hard cap wig needs to be bigger. (Except for a LeekeWorld, whose wigs run large.) I'm just happy to have a girl (two counting Siean) who can wear the wigs that came too large to fit the other dolls.

      Delete