Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Tale of Two Red T-Shirts

Remember this shirt from a few weeks back? 

I had planned to make a red t-shirt to go with it, but ran out of time, so Pendaran went to the meet-up wearing a yellow t-shirt instead.  It lacked the punch a red tee would have given it, but it sufficed.
I had cut out and started sewing the red one, but didn't finish it until after the meet-up.  Now that it's done, I like how it sets off the white pants and the black-and-white shirt.  He also has a red swoosh on his tennis shoes, so the red is really spot-on.  His significant other likes it.


Even though I bought only a small amount of the red knit, I had some left over.  Enough for several small projects, as a matter of fact.  So this weekend I started another shirt.


Who is this one for?  I don't recognize the fellow on the envelope.

Not a fellow at all.  I'm making it for one of the girls.

I guess that explains the black frilly stuff.  You had me worried there, for a minute.

It's going to be a dress.  Or maybe a tunic.  It depends on the final length.


Seriously?

It's for one of the smaller girls.  Trust me.

Sometime later:

You two do look nice together.


There's a size discrepancy, don't you think?

Nothing a stool won't minimize.  Try slouching a bit more. 

So tell me, Tania, how do you like it?

Um, the skirt is a little see-through.  And my legs feel bare.

You've been wearing jeans all summer, so of course you feel the difference.  The outfit will have leggings.  Don't worry, you'll be covered up.


The skull and crossbones are a nice touch, although not something I'd usually wear...

The outfit is for Halloween.  You'll see.  I have a few more touches to add to it.

I can hardly wait.

13 comments:

  1. did you know about these free patterns? http://www.pixiefaire.com/collections/ellowyne-wilde-dolls/products/free-t-shirt-for-ellowyne-dolls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with them. I'll certainly take a look the next time I make something for the MiniFees. They're the only dolls I have that can wear that size.

      Delete
    2. Sorry for jumping in, but! BFC Ink doll patterns fit Iplehouse JID perfectly. There are two free patterns on Pixie Faire and several pay ones, inluding a lovely dress - check here http://www.pixiefaire.com/collections/bfc-ink-dolls

      Delete
    3. Ah, now I understand. Kath's comment made it look as though the patterns were solely for Ellowyne. I couldn't understand why she was suggesting them for JIDs, as JIDs are quite a bit larger than Ellowyne Wilde.

      Delete
  2. Both shirts are great, and Tania looks beautiful in hers. It goes very well with her black hair and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!. It's the first time I've tried a black wig on Tania. The darkest she has gone before is a dark red. But the red wasn't going to work with the red dress so we tried black. I like it on her. Too bad she's not more excited about her outfit. LOL

      Delete
  3. Tania looks hilariously unenthusiastic about the whole ordeal. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A see-through skirt and no panties will do that. I haven't found my leggings pattern yet, and I know Tania won't want to attend the Halloween meet-up without them.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello! I am a great fan of your postings and I really admire your lovely pictures. I saw this postings earlier, and was fascinated! anyways, I wonder if i could use mari's face closeup photo as the cover of my web-amateur novel.(which i do in my free time- means, not for sale) I will not change the picture itself of course, and will also write the link and the blog's name at the introduction. I'll be waiting your replies and won't use it till you say okay. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you. I would love to hear more about your project. Are you on Den of Angels? If so, please send me a PM there. I am Vermont Chick on DoA.

      Delete
  6. Well, I write a novel in my free time, and upload the episodes on the net. (which is joara.com) And I needed a good cover picture, so I was browsing around for a good one. I found this blog while searching, and saw your doll, mari's pic by chance. She was wonderful and looked just like valerie, the main character of my novel and the girl of my imagination. So, I wanted to get your permisson to upload mari's face closeup photo as the cover of the novel. Oh, and i upload it on the net. so that means it is not getting published or being sold to the readers. The pic will not be changed, and I will write the blog link (the origin) so that every reader could notice the cover as your picture. So, please feel free tell me if I could use the picture. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete