Saturday, July 26, 2014

Iplehouse Family Photo

Recently someone challenged me to get all of my Iplehouse dolls into one photo, a challenge I readily accepted.  After all, there are only 19 of them.  If I still had the 7 I sold it might be a tight squeeze, but they're gone and I had plenty of room.  One doll is missing from the photo.  That is the SID Vincent I have on order.  It will be 2-3 months before he arrives, however, so there was no point delaying the photo to wait for him.

Without further ado, here is the group shot.  Identifications follow.


Back row, left to right:  SID Zera, SID Soo, nYID Oscar, nYID Olivia, SID Grace and nYID Audrey.

Middle row, left to right:  JID Benny, JID Asa, KID Lisa and JID Tania.

Front row, left to right:  BID Erzulie, SID Barahan, BID Byuri, SID Shane, BID Ringo (boy), SID Claude, BID Naias, nYID Andrew, BID Ringo (girl).

If Audrey looks a little tall for an nYID (especially compared to Olivia two dolls over) it's because I have her on a stand with a wooden base.  In addition, Audrey is wearing heels while Olivia is wearing flat shoes.

I'm surprised the four big guys in front were able to sit for their portrait.  Iplehouse pants are notoriously tight, so much so that sometimes the guys can't sit at all.  Claude took some convincing, but once I got him into position he stayed put.  It probably helped that both Lisa and Tania, who are secured by stands, each had a hand on his shoulder.  Lisa and Asa also ensured that Shane didn't fall backwards.  Luckily no one pitched forward or I'd really be in trouble.  Group shots are tricky that way.

If you're curious as to which dolls are gone, they are:  EID Lahela, SID Mari, nYID Bianca, YID Mars, YID Harin, JID Boris and JID Asa (white skin).  I might be tempted to buy Lahela again, but this time I would want her on an SID body and in real skin.

Barahan, Grace and Oscar are wearing new tee shirts that I sewed over the past two weekends.  Grace's and Oscar's tees are from the same pattern.  I merely shortened hers in the torso and omitted the collar.
Finally, Claude is sporting an enhanced face-up.  Poor guy was looking so washed out, especially in recent photos, that I decided to brighten him up.  It didn't take much, just a subtle application of color on his cheeks and chin, and another bit of color on his pale lips.  I also replaced his acrylic eyes with glass eyes.  It has made a world of difference.
Before
After
One more group shot and then I'm done for today:


No comments:

Post a Comment