Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Close Call for Iplehouse BID Ringo

Actually, it's more like a close call for me.  I always thought it would be fun to get Maddie (my BID Ringo girl) a twin brother.  Then, on December 31, 2013, Iplehouse posted a list of dolls that would be discontinued in 2014.  There, atop the list, was Ringo--the only BID slated for retirement.  The dolls would be available until the end of February, which meant it was now or never if I wanted to get him.  I ordered Maddie's twin brother in early January; he arrived in early May. That's longer than Iple's usual fulfillment time, because their English manager went on maternity leave during the same period.  She comes back tomorrow, so hopefully the logjam will clear up and the nYID I ordered in early February will ship soon.

What can I say about having two Ringo BIDs except that they are double the fun of having only one.  I took them outside on a sunny afternoon to let them get acquainted, and look what happened:

First, they found a wheelbarrow and Maddie got in.  I think she expected Max (short for Maxwell) to steer it around the patio.  Moments later, Maddie was on the ground, mad as a wet hen.  Max's response?  "I didn't do it!"  I don't think she believes him, do you?
Iplehouse sent Maddie with brown eyes.  They seemed to fit her personality, so I left them in.  Max, on the other hand, arrived with blue eyes.  Now I don't know whether to change hers to blue or his to brown.  Fraternal twins don't necessarily have the same color eyes, so I could leave them as is.  Someone suggested I give each of them one blue eye and one brown eye.  I'm still thinking about that one.  Max's faceup includes ruddy cheeks and freckles.  He looks every inch the scruffy boy.

Their cute new outfits are from Iplehouse.  The company's pants for its male dolls tend to be very tight and Max's check jeans are no exception.  They fit when he's standing, but he can't sit down.  His outfit includes a matching muffler, but it was too warm out for him to wear it.  Wigs and shoes are also from Iplehouse.

The Chittenden County Doll Club meets in two weeks.  I haven't decided which dolls I'll bring, as there are several the group hasn't seen yet.  The Double Trouble twins, meanwhile, have issued me an ultimatum:  Take them to the meet-up or else they'll pout and cry and give me no peace.  I think they are capable of it, don't you?















No comments:

Post a Comment