Gratitude

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Man to Man (Samantha Grace's story)

 "Shane.  I didn't expect to find you at the bottom of a bottle."

"I have a ways to go before I hit bottom.  But I'm working on it."

"Mind if I ask why?"

"Shouldn't need asking.  Your sister's back."

"Have you two talked yet?"

"We talked two years ago.  She told me to take a hike."

"You didn't hit the bottle then.  Why now?"

"There was no chance I'd run into her before now."

"You can't hide behind a bottle forever.  Sooner or later 
the booze runs out and you sober up.  Then what?"

"I buy another bottle."

"Not good enough.  Besides, for all you know, Samantha Grace wants to see you."

"Not gonna see her.  Not now.  Not ever."

"You don't mean that."

"Ya think?"

"I know."

[Grumbles] "Think you know everything."

"For one thing, she didn't dump you.  I believe she gave you 
your freedom so you could date other girls while she was away."

"You weren't there when it happened."

"I hope she doesn't see you like this, Shane, because 
right now you are one sorry excuse for a man."


"She's not gonna see me.  I told you."

"What if I told you she wants to see you?"

"I'd call you a bare-faced liar."

"Well she does, so deal with it."


"She...she wants to see me?"

"Sober up.  Change your clothes.  By the way, you're buttoned up 
wrong.  And come over to the house.  Doesn't have to be now.  
Next couple of days will do.  But don't put it off too long, 
or she'll think you don't care.  Don't give her an excuse to move 
on.  Unless, of course, you no longer have feelings for her."

"Would I be trying to get drunk if I didn't have feelings?"


"You tell me."

"Okay."

"Okay what?"

"I'll sober up, make myself presentable, and go see her."

"Good man.  See you later."


"Later...  Thanks, Jamie."

1 comment:

  1. Aww man, do we have to wait a whole week to see what happens next?

    ReplyDelete