Gratitude

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Eyes Have It!

I was going to title this "Let's Accessor-Eyes" (accessorize, get it?) but then figured it wouldn't make sense to some of my readers.  Heaven only knows what Google Translator would make of it.  And while I do focus on eyes and eyelashes, this is the only mention you will get of the accessories I bought--namely, sunglasses.  They don't fit anyone, so into the misfit box they go until a doll comes along with the right shape head and face.  Some people get right back on eBay and sell the things that don't work.  Not me.  I can't tell you how many times the misfit box has turned up the right shoes or wig or other item for a hard-to-fit doll.  As far as I am concerned, that box is golden!

Iplehouse KID Lisa's arrival prompted me to order some eyes for her on eBay.  I found a red pair and a sparkly gold.  I also found some beautiful light blue eyes that might work for Lisa or not, but I just had to have them.  From the same eBay vendor I bought black eyelashes, because some of my girls' lashes were looking a bit bedraggled lately.  When the package finally came, I couldn't wait to try the new stuff on my girls.

Ophelia (KID Lisa) decided she wanted the red eyes.  Even though the red looks more bluish than it did on eBay, they still hint at something dark and untamed in her nature.  It's a complete contrast to her angelic white hair:  J-Rock in a color called Pure.  (I'm not sure if this one if from Monique Gold or Jpopdolls; I think both have done J-Rock wigs, only in different colors.)

I tried the sparkly gold eyes on Desdemona (MiniFee Mirwen), then took them out again and gave them to Danica (MiniFee Siean's new name, because I don't remember giving her a name before).  I'm not sure they are really her, either, but for now they will do.  She is wearing a Jpopdolls Kana Wavy wig in a color called Syma.

Desdemona received the green eyes Zoey (MiniFee Chloe) had been wearing most recently.  Along with a change of wig (Monique Gold's Pretty Girl in brown black blonde) and new eyelashes, she is a new--and prettier--girl.

Zoey's changes are less obvious.  She started out with Monique Gold's Faith in peach blonde light blonde and changed to Monique Gold's Pretty Girl in the same color.  I switched her eyes from size 14 blue eyes to the new size 12 blue eyes (after a brief stint in the green pair).  I loved her look before; now I love it even more.  She is my glamour girl.

Something about poor Mallory (MiniFee Shushu) has been bothering me from the start, but I couldn't put my finger on it.  Finally it hit me: she had blonde eyelashes.  To my mind they didn't work with her eye makeup, because anyone who wears such well-defined shadow and liner will layer on the mascara until her eyelashes are dark and thick.  So I cut her two lengths of the new black lashes.  All of a sudden, she is vying with Zoey for glamour girl status.  I gave her the pale lilac eyes Desdemona had been wearing.  Mallory has tried on (and discarded) numerous wigs.  Today she is wearing another Jpopdolls Kana Wavy, this one in a color called Autumn Moon.

Calandra (MiniFee Juri '08) is the only MiniFee who did not get new eyes.  I am currently debating whether or not to change her size 14 eyes to something in a 12.  I have only one or two pairs of 12 mm glass eyes left.  I suppose I could always buy some more...  Calandra is wearing another J-Rock wig, this one in a color called Blush.  I think I need to find her another outfit.  This one makes her look beige all over.

All of my MiniFee girls are now wearing size 6/7 wigs, rather than the size 7/8s they wore earlier.  It does require a tug or two to get them on, but I like that the girls are no longer overwhelmed by their hair.

On another note, I was surprised when I took out Ophelia's acrylic eyes to find that both of them were cracked.  One was cracked in a single place, while the other had six separate cracks in it.  I have never seen anything like that in acrylic eyes before, although I know several people on Den of Angels have mentioned it in connection with their Iplehouse dolls.  Granted, I have not changed the eyes in all of my Iplehouse dolls, so there is a possibility of other cracked eyeballs.  The cracks are on the part of the eyeball that is inside the eye socket--they are invisible from the outside. 

As of now I am tempted to blame the weather.  Lisa/Ophelia arrived on a very cold day and spent all of that time inside the mail delivery truck because I was not home to sign for her.  I have seen the delivery truck drive through my development.  The driver keeps the window open to make it easier to deposit mail in the roadside mailboxes.  Packages for my street ride on the front dashboard in anticipation of delivery.  I doubt it's a warm place to be.  Still, it does make me want to examine my other winter deliveries to see if their eyes have cracks, too.

2 comments:

  1. I?ve Read A Few Good Stuff Here. Definitely Worth Bookmarking For Revisiting. I Wonder How Much Effort You Put To Create Such A Wonderful Informative Site. agen judi asia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. This blog is a labor of love. When you love what you do, doing it is easy. I think you'll find that doll collectors are genuinely friendly, helpful people who love to share their expertise. We want everyone to love and collect dolls!

    ReplyDelete