Gratitude

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

I thought I would resurrect the patriotic costumes I made.  Was it last year?  Or the year before?  Either way, their appearance is timely, as today is July 4th, Independence Day.


There is a third outfit, but it was made for PukiFee Zoe and I have since sold her.  I kept the dress in case I buy another PukiFee.  (I want one with a Multi-head.  That size head is smaller than a PukiFee head and larger than a PukiPuki head.  You can use it with either body, hence, Multi-head.)


Today's cast of characters includes Milikins, my Kaye Wiggs fair skin Millie, and Lilibets, my Kaye Wiggs tan elf Lillie.  New to the tableau is a red-white-and-blue wheelbarrow that I found at JoAnn Fabrics over the Memorial Day weekend.  It was on sale.  What more can I say?


I hope you'll forgive the little ones if they got their salutes mixed up.  It should be done with the right hand.


The pattern for their outfits is Anchors Away, by My Own Little World.

Of course, it wouldn't be a summer holiday without some fun in the sun.  Basking in their own mini Adirondack chairs are my three RealPukis, Soso, Kaka and Pupu.  (They have proper names, I just can't remember them at the moment.)  The chairs are another recent find.  They are supposed to be napkin holders:  you pull the napkin through the chair legs and set it on the table.  One look told me they were RealPuki size.  The store had them in three different colors, so I picked up one of each.  Perfect for a cookout or for watching a parade, don't you think?


Happy Fourth!

4 comments:

  1. I love these outfits ... very nautical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! I love the outfits that you've made for them!! Very creative of you. If you ever do get a pukifee with the multihead, you'll have to tell me what you think of it. I figure if I ever get another one, it will be a multihead, too, so the doll can actually stand without falling over, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My PukiFee Zoe was cute as the dickens, but always falling over because of the heavy head, which is exactly why I want to try a multi-head. LOL

      Delete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the patriotic costumes! For some reason they are reminding me of Cracker Jacks. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete