Gratitude

Sunday, July 7, 2013

All Dolled Up MiniFee--Done

Well, I finished it.  I'm not sure how I feel about the completed look.  The cropped top is a definite yes!  It's cute.  I like it.  The vest?  I don't know.  It looks like something the Golden Girls might wear.  But a MiniFee?  She's too young to carry off that look.  Maybe in a different fabric.  I'm willing to try it again, maybe in cotton gauze this time.  In fact, the vest and pants might work well together in cotton gauze--so long as they don't end up looking like pajamas.


The pants might fit better on a MiniFee with cutie legs instead of model legs.  Fairyland's cutie legs are slightly longer than model legs.  You would think it would be the other way around, what with models generally being tall and thin.  These pants are long, and I already hemmed them shorter than I think the pattern called for.  I need to try them on one of the other girls to see.  I am also second-guessing my fabric choice.  The pink flowers on the rich ivory background read more flesh tone than pink.  I don't particularly like it with the pink floral vest.  In fact, the striped jeans from Her Delicate Strength (see last Sunday's post) are the perfect color and fit, so I think I will use those jeans with this outfit and sew a different top to go with the new jeans.


I did not make the belt.  It needs to be cut from fabric that doesn't fray, because it is not lined, folded or stitched.  I have some pieces of imitation leather fabric, but the colors are too dark to pair with these pants.  Also, the only buckles I have on hand are too small for the width of the belt.  I could cut a narrower belt and use one of my buckles.  Or maybe I'll just thread a grosgrain ribbon like I did with the HDS jeans.  I rather like that look.  It's both informal and cute.


For next week I am hoping to sew a pair of pants for Iplehouse JID Boris, who remains nameless because I can't think of a name that goes with that face.  The pants he is wearing are strained to their limit across his butt, so I am hoping to reuse the same pattern with a fabric that has some stretch.  We have a doll meet-up on Saturday, and I want him looking his best.  Poor guy, it's bad enough I have already given his new short wig to one of the Iplehouse girls, who looks totally adorable in it.  The least I can do is give him pants that fit.

3 comments:

  1. Your Golden Girls comment made me laugh. Coindientally, I am watching them now. Well, that actually is not unusual. Anyway, I like the vest in the back but it covers up her cute figure in the front. Cute shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think she looks really good in this outfit. It's got a vintage boho chic look to it! What about adding ribbon ties to the sides of the vet so you can tie it in the back to cinch in it a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a bad idea. I'll have to try that. Thanks!

      Delete