Gratitude

Sunday, April 28, 2013

RealPukis Look Really Cute in Dresses

My poor RealPukis have been wearing the same outfits ever since they arrived.  It was time to make them something new.  I find I have been thinking of them as two boys and one girl, just because of the way they were dressed.  What would happen, I wondered, if I dressed all three as girls?  None of them have wigs, so they would still look the same.  Or would they?

The RealPukis have magnets in their feet.  I find I can't get them to
stand up unless they perch on something metallic.  Here they are
posing atop the lid (i.e., roof) of a tin shaped like a house.

I used the bodice pattern piece from the Anchors Away pattern by My Own Little World, to which I added a simple skirt, i.e., a rectangle gathered at the waist.  Then I decorated each with teeny tiny buttons.

When you haven't got a tin roof to stand on, you can always
ask a LittleFee to hold you.

At first I tried to make the romper shown on the pattern envelope.  I don't know what I did wrong, but the outfit came out way too big.  I probably should have made just one before cutting out all three.  Thank goodness the pieces are all extremely tiny, so there isn't much wasted fabric.

...Or a helpful MiniFee.

I was afraid the hat would be too big without a wig underneath.  Instead of adjusting the pattern, I decided to forgo the hats and make a sort of headband instead. 



The headband is a narrow strip of fabric that widens at either end into a sort of oar shape.  I left an opening in the middle of the strip for turning the fabric and for inserting a piece of wire shaped like the oar.  After sewing the wire-stuffed form closed, I had a headband that could be twisted in any way I liked.  The end product is a sort of  cross between bunny ears and a do rag.

All together now:  Ante holding Kaka, Juri holding Pupu,
and Lishe holding Soso.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute dresses! They look great as girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! I love how you created the little headbands too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the idea of the wired headband, it looks cute.

    ReplyDelete