Sunday, April 21, 2013

Introducing nYID Andrew

Yes, another Iplehouse doll.  It's not as bad as it sounds:  I sold both Bianca and Mari and am replacing them with nYID Andrew (ordered in early March) and JID Benny (ordered two weeks ago).  Andrew arrived almost exactly 30 business days after I ordered, much faster than I expected, given that he is a new sculpt.  I didn't order clothes with him, which may have speeded things up.  I actually ordered his outfit some time ago, knowing I would eventually buy an nYID boy.  At the time, I thought I'd be waiting for the release of basic Justin, Patrick and Eddie, the three boys who debuted as Limiteds at Christmas time.  Turns out I didn't have to wait that long.  Of course, as soon as I ran out of funds, the former Limiteds were released as Basics.  That's okay.  Basic means they'll be around for a long time.  I can add another boy later.

Left to right:  Andrew, Jamie (Claude), Shane, Yevgeny (Barahan).
Clothing by Iplehouse, except for the stripe and white tees, which are
by me from patterns by Adams-Harris.  Wigs, left to right:  LeekeWorld,
Iplehouse, and two Jpopdolls.
The nYID boys are 63 cm tall, the same height as the original YID boys.  That makes them 1 cm taller than the SID women and 2 cm shorter than the SID men and EID women.  The nYID girls are a tiny bit shorter than the original YID girls, 58.7 cm compared to 59 cm.

I'm having trouble wigging him.  His facial features are smaller than the SID guys' features, despite having the same size head.  That means most wigs overwhelm him with too much hair.  Of the three wigs that work best for him, two blond and a brown, I like the blond wigs better, even though both fall into his eyes.  I wonder what my hairdresser would say if I brought a wig to my next appointment and asked her to trim it?  More to the point, I wonder how much she would charge?



Iplehouse held a Valentine's Day event, in which the first 42 customers who bought a doll and paid in full up front (as opposed to putting it on layaway) would get a free item of clothing.  I ordered Andrew about 2 weeks later, not even thinking about the Valentine's event beyond assuming it was over, and ended up being number 41 of the eventual 43 prizewinners.  (I presume the last two ordered at the same time, so Iplehouse gave them both gifts.)  My gift was a pair of cargo pants for Andrew.  Like the black jeans he is wearing in the photos, they are exceedingly tight.  If you ask me how well the new body poses, I can't tell you, because the tight pants keep him from bending his legs.

Andrew has a nicely sloping nose that avoids being a ski-jump.
Iplehouse seems to be sending dolls out with lovely blue eyes
lately.  Audrey's are the same color.
I chose Andrew with faceup B.  Faceup A puts more emphasis on a slight upturn of one side of his mouth.  You can barely detect the smirk on my guy, maybe also because the eye treatment on B is a little softer.  He looks more earnest, less a wiseacre than A.

I'm calling him Andrew for now, unless I think of something better.  The problem with other names is that I tend not to remember them, whereas the sculpt name comes readily to mind.

Slight smirk visible on left side of his mouth in the photo.  It
lends a bit of interest to an otherwise "pretty" face.

I don't know when Benny will arrive.  Sometimes existing sculpts with no extras (all I added was an in-stock wig) come very quickly.  She'll get here when she gets here, I guess.  Makes no difference that I want her now.  Isn't that always the way?

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are all so beautiful! I love the way you style them. Hope Benny gets there soon. Waiting is always a drag! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you had so many boys! They all have that male supermodel facial expression going on. :-)

    I'm looking forward to seeing Benny when she arrives.

    ReplyDelete