It is possible to use patterns drafted for U-noa Lusis and Sist and size them down. My first ever dress for Lilin was designed for Lusis, but I accidentally made my seams an eighth-inch wider than called for and it ended up fitting Lilin instead.
|I made it this dress in February 2010.|
It was designed for Lusis.
After fussing for several weeks with patterns that just didn't work, on a whim I decided to try one of Narae's dresses on her. The pattern is Gracefaerie's #20 Lilac Afternoon for MSD. The dress almost fit Lilin. It would need shortening in the torso, but the rest seemed to fit pretty well.
|Gracefaerie's #20 Lilac Afternoon for MSD.|
|The fit has been thrown off by the extra thickness|
of an unplanned-for slip.
|I added silk flowers with the plastic centers and stems removed. |
Each flower is held together in the center by a glass bead instead.
|Lilin's wig is from Iplehouse (for BID).|