Monday, October 8, 2012

Pouty Pumpkin

Last year I made an adorable pumpkin Halloween costume for LittleFee Lishe.  I believe the pattern was by the House of O'Brien.  It was one of those sewing projects that I finished late in the day, photographed by the dying light and posted the same evening.  The resulting photos were less than pretty. 

This year, determined to take photos in full sunlight, I pulled out the same costume, put it on Maddy (Iplehouse BID Ringo) and set off to find some awesome fall color to use as a backdrop.



I have a knack for finding fall color that is just past its peak.  Or else not quite there yet.  The best fall color always catches me unawares, like on my morning commute when I have no camera and there is no place to stop even if I had it. Add the fact that I'm also usually late for work, so stopping is not an option. 

I did find some colorful scenery today.  I even found a place by the side of the road wide enough to pull over and get out of the car.  Unfortunately, there was no place to pose a doll inside the scene.  So I took a few photos, moseyed along the back roads of northern Vermont for an hour or so, and went home, where I photographed Maddy on the deck behind my house. 


I would have loved to seat her among a display of pumpkins, except that I didn't come across any roadside stands on my drive today and so didn't buy any.  I don't know which is worse: having an idea for a photo shoot that I can't execute because none of the props come to hand, or having no idea what sort of photos to take in the first place.

Maddy was the perfect doll to take on this sortie.  She looks as disgruntled as I felt after driving around--albeit a whole lot cuter!  She didn't perk up until I suggested we go inside and eat chocolate.  What can I say?  She's a girl after my own heart.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pumpkin costume! And...the pout is adorable. How did you make her little bag? BTW, the Vermont photo is fantastic. Our leaves should start turning colors soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's hilarious. You should bring her to the next meetup!

    ReplyDelete