Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chittenden County Doll Meet-Up, October 20, 2012

Having just read Modern Wizard's blog post of this event, it's going to be hard to come up with something different.  But I'll try.

First of all, I was a half-hour late because I waited as long as I dared for a FedEx home delivery that didn't come until after I had left.  The package was there when I got home, but you'll have to wait until next week to see what it is.  Suffice it to say that it's doll-related, but it's not a doll.

Three stalwarts attended the meet-up:  Modern Wizard, Lyrajean, and myself.  As usual, we were outnumbered by the dolls.



Modern Wizard brought Sardonix, a Cerebrus Project Juri 2006 with Shinydoll body, and Araminthe, a B&G Dolls Burrysa snarling.  Sardonix is usually accompanied by Noodge, a Fairyland RealPuki Soso, but this time she came alone.  Noodge, alas, has been SOLD.  (Boo-hoo!)  I can understand the reasoning behind the sale, however:  money needed for more dolls.  Been there, done that, only not with Soso.



Lyrajean brought her brand new Iplehouse EID Asa, a Soom Mecha Angel Sabik (80 cm tall!), a Unoa Quluts Sist, and her Volks YoSD Kira.

 


I brought Iplehouse EID Soo (an SID Soo on an EID body) to show off her reworked faceup, one of my two Asa JIDs (to compare with the EID version), and BID Ringo in her trick-or-treat outfit as the Great Pumpkin.

 
 

Big Asa and Soo traded wigs to see how they'd look in other colors and styles.  Wouldn't you know, the one I'd most like to buy is a discontinued style (see photo below).  I wonder if I could cut one of my existing wigs to look like it?  Not a good idea:  one slip of the snip and the wig is history.  Too bad.  Soo looks very film noir in it.

 
 

One more small group shot before I sign off:

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the photos when you girls meetup! Great group of dolls.

    ReplyDelete