Gratitude

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Iplehouse nYID Bianca Has Arrived

Of course, if you read my earlier post from this afternoon, you already know that, but this is her official introduction.

Beauty in the Box.  The amount of light in this room is making
her resin look lighter than it is.  I shouldn't complain.  My former
condo was always too dark for photos.
Some dolls take forever to tell me their names, some never tell me at all, but this one told me even before I ordered her:  Beatrice.  Pronounced softly, in the Italian manner.  Blame it on Iplehouse.  They have been running a limited series of dolls focused on the Italian opera, so my imagination was already hovering on the edge of the stage.  Bianca is not from that series--instead she is an Elemental Guardian--the first of the EG's to turn to the dark side.  You could say I am rejecting her official story and sneaking her into the other set.  Never mind that I haven't bought any of the Opera dolls...yet.  She'd look nice with Giorgio.

There were two other faceup options:  one with freckles that looked
a bit too young, and one with heavy red lips that looked too old.

Beatrice is my first nYID as well as my first doll with the new resin color:  peach gold.  It's a gorgeous, rich color.  I was afraid it would look too pink but it doesn't.  It's a lovely bridge between Iple's normal and real skin resins.  How it weathers remains to be seen.  I think if it yellows at all it will still be a lovely color.

Iplehouse retired the old YID line at the beginning of the year.  I'll have to photograph Beatrice next to YID Harin for comparison, but I can tell you now, the new body is much more shapely.  The SID and EID female bodies look clunky beside it.  Her hands are so delicate that I am taking extra care in dressing her for fear of breaking off a finger.  All of the fingers are separated, which makes it possible for her to wear rings and gloves.  She even came with a French manicure.  Her hands look better than mine!

Standing unaided in high heels.  I
wouldn't try this on carpet.
I ordered Beatrice with a medium bust, instead of the glamour bust that was introduced with the nYID line.  Iplehouse listens to its customers.  Luckily for me, lots of people clamored for medium and small busts or the only choice would have been between glamour and large.  As it is, medium is plenty large enough.

Although I ordered Beatrice/Bianca with one of the two outfits available for her character (excluding the Cyborg version), for now I have her in an outfit called the Scandal set.  All she needs is a little tray and some steins and she can be a waitress in a beer garden.  There are many small pieces to this set, which took a long time to put on.  Despite the medium bust, everything was tight.

I love that she came with green eyes.  Even so, I will no
doubt change them for a lighter green at some point.

In addition, I had to change from her basic flat feet to heel feet so she could wear the shoes.  That was a near disaster, as the elastic that had been holding her right foot got away from me and shot up into her leg, taking the tiny metal S-hook with it.  After I finished shrieking, "No, no!  You can't do this to me!" I reached for a metal crochet hook and used it to catch the errant elastic and pull it out again.  It got away from me a second time before I was finally able to hook the heel foot onto it.  The other leg's elastic must have been looser, because I changed its foot with no problem. 

As I am not eager to repeat this process, the other outfit will have to wait.  It does not require high heeled shoes.  We should have put that one on first, except that I wanted an outfit that would show off her figure for the doll meet-up yesterday. 

That is a lot of hair!
We also need to try on other wigs.  I bought the two that go with her character:  the curly red one and a light brown wig with with a long, thick braid.  I'm curious to see how other wigs will fit, particularly as she appears to have a small head.  I suspect that some 7/8 wigs with some stretch to them will fit, and other 8/9 wigs will be too big.  That will be a subject for another post.

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful doll :) i was looking at what peach gold resin might look like as I really want an Iplehouse Mari and your post really helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my Mari was also peach gold. I no longer have either doll, but both were the original peach gold, from before Iplehouse changed its formula. The new peach gold has a more matte finish. See my JID Daniel, who arrived in January 2015.

      Delete