Gratitude

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Old Dolls Exit; New Dolls on Order

Some of you will be surprised to read that OasisDoll Natalie has left for a new home, as has the Yaoyue head.  The Linglan head remains, sans body.  I'm hoping she will find a buyer soon.  I liked Natalie--some of the time--but I never fully bonded with her.  I bought the other two heads hoping I would like the doll better.  I regret to say it didn't work.  So it was better that they all exit. She doesn't really leave a void, because Iplehouse YID Harin can wear the clothes I made for her.  Harin speaks to me whereas Natalie/Yaoyue/Linglan didn't.

Natalie and all her extras: heads, hands, feet, elastic, certificate, postcards, etc.
Also, after what feels like many months on the Den of Angels Marketplace, SoulDouble L-Heart has found his way into someone else's heart.  He will leave as soon as the final layaway payment reaches me.  I didn't entirely dislike him, either.  He looked good with the Elfdoll girls.  The only trouble is that Iplehouse YID Mars fills the role better.  Finding the right BJD boy is a little like selecting a partner for a ballerina.  Sometimes the dancers simply don't look right together.  Other times it's a match made in dance heaven.

If you are guessing that these departures have freed up some dolly dollars, you are right.  After buying a new house, I can't afford to buy a doll unless a prior sale has paved the way.  I freed up enough money to order a New Young Iplehouse Doll (nYID).  You may remember that Iplehouse cancelled its old YID line earlier this year.  I hurried to buy Harin and Mars before they disappeared altogether.  A good thing I did, too.  A few of the old YIDs remain for sale, but Harin and Mars are both sold out.

The new YIDs did not immediately win me over.  The body shape (only girls have been released so far) was quite different, with a small waist, wider hips, bigger thighs, and the introduction of a "glamour" bust.  The bust was the bone of contention for me.  I collect dolls, not sex toys.  From the outset, the choice was glamour or large.  Collectors clamored for medium and small.  Iplehouse eventually responded with those sizes as well.

Instead of looking more realistic, the first three girls (Erica, Emilia and Rexy) seemed to be a throwback to the old YID line in terms of facial features.  This is most noticeable in Erica's eyes.  They look very much like the half-closed eyes of old YID Gentle Cocori and Gentle Freezia.  All three new girls were very attractive, with limited edition costumes to die for; however, they all left me waiting to see what else Iple would come up with.

Enter the fourth nYID girl:  Bianca.  At last, a new YID with realistic facial proportions.  I won't say anything more about her, so that I will have something to write about when she arrives.  I expect it will take a couple of months, at least.  Her sale period ends July 8th, which means Iple won't ship any Biancas before that date.

Iplehouse promotional photo for Bianca.
Before that date I should receive the other new doll I ordered:  Fairyland Feeple65 Siean.  She is the last doll I ordered before I closed on the new house.  I have already been waiting for her for two months; however, I have her on a 3-month layaway--that means at least another month before she arrives.  I didn't order her costume, so I will be scrambling for something for her to wear.  Luckily, Feeple65 girls can wear Iplehouse SID clothing.  Anything that fits Zera will fit her.  As of now, that means one of two outfits.  Something tells me I had better get back to sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I like Bianca. Look at you....ordering more dolls. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete