Gratitude

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Introducing Maddie ( Baby Iplehouse Ringo)

I held off writing this week's post because a doll I had ordered was reported to be On Shipping.  On Shipping is a time for renewed excitement, because it usually follows a fairly lengthy Before Shipping period.  This time the waiting period lasted only a week.  I was expecting an early shipping notice because Ringo is a basic BID (Baby Iplehouse Doll).  Basics can be ordered anytime and tend to be in stock.  It's the limited editions that take months to come, because the doll company takes orders first and then manufactures the dolls.  I ordered Ringo with an extra pair of hands and a wig.  You can get a little more basic than that, but not by much.

Pattern pieces.  I ended up putting the socks on a doll who was
wearing looser shoes.  They didn't fit with the Iplehouse shoes.

To fill the time while I waited, I made Ringo a dress.  (Ringo is available also as a boy.  I ordered the girl version.)  I knew that the dress pattern from Gracefaerie's #53 Perfect 10 would be a perfect fit, because I had already made it for BID Erzulie in a black and red pawprint fabric.  This time I made it in a tiny blue floral print on a cream background.  It's the same fabric I used for In Powder and Crinoline, which I made for Blue Fairy Tiny Fairy Jasmine and Dream of Doll Twing-key to share.  (Both dolls have since been sold.)

Ringo's distinguishing feature is a pouting lower lip.  She
came with brown eyes, which give her a puppy dog look.
I'm not sure if I will keep them, as they photograph very dark.

Until now, all of my Iplehouse purchases have flown KoreanAir, landing at JFK in New York the morning after they ship.  This time I saw an airline code I didn't recognize:  OZ.  (Did I mention that I start tracking the package as soon as I get the e-mail notice?)  OZ turned out to be Asiana Airlines, which flies to Anchorage, Alaska before heading for New York.  The long trip got longer when FlightAware reported the flight as delayed.  I breathed a sigh of relief when it finally touched down at JFK.  It would be here the next day, for sure.  Or it would have, had it flown KAL, but it showed up next in Boston.  Only then did it head north.  Please, Iplehouse, my dolls are begging you.  Fly KAL in future.  OZ takes a toll on their nerves (not to mention mine).

A full-length view of the dress.  The blue shoes are from Iplehouse.

Maddie (her new name - short for Madeleine) arrived wearing the basic BID open hands, but I changed them to the balled hands that make it look like she's crying or angry (or both). 

Maddie is either about to start bawling, or else she is warning the
photographer to put up her dukes and fight!

5 comments:

  1. She's adorable! She'll look great with the balled fists. You've done a beautiful job on her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look more like a Maddie than a Ringo. I love her little pout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    You seem to know a lot about BJD's and especially Iplehouse dolls. I was wondering if maybe you could answer a question for me.

    I have ordered an Iplehouse doll several months ago and I have been waiting for it way longer than anybody I know. It's only a basic JID so I don't see what the problem here is. I've contacted Iplehouse several times and every time, they tell me that she is done and will be shipped tomorrow. Yet, I've been waiting about three weeks after the first time they've told me this, and I still do not have her, and the order still says "before shipping".

    What do you suggest I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several reasons why one doll takes longer to ship than others. Colors they don't get as many requests for, like ebony, can lengthen your wait time. A doll with a faceup takes longer than one without. If you added items of clothing to your order, and one item goes out of stock before your doll is ready, Iple may wait for that item to come back into stock before shipping the order. Newly released items of clothing may not be in stock yet, so again you wait.

      I'd rather wait for the items I wanted than have Iple make a substitution. They once sent me a different color wig than I ordered, along with an email explaining why. They also sent me a couple of extra items of clothing as compensation. It was very nice of them, but I still had to go back and re-order the color wig I really wanted after it came back into stock. Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll get your doll soon.

      Delete
    2. Well they've told me already that the doll is done. All I ordered her was a pair of eyes and a simple dress, and they keep saying "Oh, we'll ship it tomorrow!" So unless the clothes aren't ready and they're not telling me that...

      Delete