Gratitude

Sunday, January 15, 2012

January Mini-Meet-Up

I'm going to write two posts today, because I want to cover yesterday's mini doll meet-up in its own mini post.  We tried a new venue:  a local public library's community meeting room.  Big room, small group.  That's if you can call two doll moms a group.  Come on, Northern Vermont doll collectors!  Where are you?  We have lots of room, lots of interest in dolls, and would love for our dolls to interact with yours.  (They don't even have to be BJDs.)

"Um...hey, what are you doing?"

I know.  It's January.  The temperature was in the single digits to low teens with some new fallen snow.  But the roads were fine, and here's a secret:  dolls are the perfect cure for cabin fever.  Remember that when February rolls around and you're climbing the walls in want of something to do.

Let's see your average BJD do this.
So, who made it to the library yesterday?  ModernWizard was there, accompanied by Sardonix and Noodge.  I continue to be amazed at the completely natural positions Sardonix can assume.  She is a Jura Elf head on a Shiny Doll Thaasa body.  I think one of my New Year's resolutions needs to be to buy a Shiny Doll Thaasa doll.  Her creator is a Japanese engineer, and the man really knows his stuff.  Amazing body!  I'm not as fond of his doll heads.  To me they seem very young.  I am more than willing to give one a try, however.

Seriously, can you look at that face and not smile?

I absolutely love Noodge.  She is a Fairyland RealPuki So-So. The RealPuki are still marked "temporarily sold out," both at Fairyland and at Denver Doll.  What's up with that?  Many of Fairyland's small dolls have been "temporarily sold out" for months.  If it's because Fairyland is dealing with a backlog of orders, then I hope they get through it quickly and start selling the dolls again, because I want one.

I finally succeeded in popping Evgeny's elbow so that
he can bring his hand up.  ModernWizard had to help!

Vermont Chick (aka Ball Jointed Woman) brought Iplehouse Elemental Guardian SID Barahan, who goes by the name Evgeny.  For the event, Evgeny donned a pale blond wig from LeekeWorld.  It's a little big and falls over his eyes, even with a wig cap underneath.
 


Knowing we would have plenty of room to spread out, I would have brought a second doll, but SIDs are big and heavy, and I didn't fancy repeat trips to the car in the icy cold.  I'll be happy when the Iplehouse carrier bag I ordered arrives, because these dolls are awkward to carry and don't seem to fit into any sort of tote bag.  Alas, I won't be seeing it anytime soon, because Iplehouse is also backed up with orders.  I am so happy the company is doing well -- but I want my stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment