You may remember my first use of this pattern. A few months ago I made shorts and a tank top for Yuri. I was thrilled with the fit and couldn't wait to make him something else. This time I made the overalls and a long-sleeve tee shirt. The shirt came out too big. Not sure if this was due to the pattern or to the fabric I used. It could be that the fabric stretched as I sewed it. That has happened to me before with similar ribbed knits. So for the time being I am not blaming the pattern. I have some different tee shirt fabrics and will try again. Luckily his Iplehouse sweater fits under the overalls and is the perfect color to partner the rock-and-roll star print.
The overalls would be a better fit if I had lengthened the overall straps slightly. As it is, I have to tug the overalls up as far as they will go to meet the snaps. I like that the back waist is elasticized. It helps hold the shirt in place and ensures a gap-less fit. Looking at my photos, I see I forgot to sew a couple of buttons where the straps join the bib.
Julie's dress makes me smile every time I look at it. I bought the paw-print fabric some time ago, not knowing what I would do with it, only that it was worth holding onto until the perfect project came along. The dress is a perfect fit. No alterations needed. I'll probably make a few more, because every little girl needs a closet full of dresses!
|Julie's wig is Elle by Jpopdolls; Yuri's wig from Iplehouse.|