Gratitude

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trick or Treat for LittleFee

I generally don't do Halloween costumes for my dolls, but recently I came across a new pattern from Sherry O'Brien ("The House of O'Brien") that I just had to make.  It's called Happy Little Jack-O Lantern, and it consists of a long sleeve top, tights, a pumpkin suit and matching hat.  Adorable!



As luck would have it, my fabric stash included everything I would need to make the costume:  orange fleece (puchased for a different Halloween project that never got made), green stretch knit, and scraps of yellow and brown felt.  I even had a brown paper bag from which to cut a LittleFee sized bag to carry her treats.  It's not part of the pattern, but it was easy enough to draft one.

For a backdrop, I draped a spider web print fabric over my Shoji screen.

The pattern calls for either fleece or felt for the pumpkin suit.  In retrospect, I'm wondering if felt might have produced a pumpkin with less bulk.  My Little Lishe is so roly-poly in the suit that she can barely stand.

Yellow chris-cross shoes from Monique Trading.
Millie wig from Jpopdolls.

I had been hoping the costume would fit BID Erzulie.  Although the suit fits, the top and tights are too small.  I would have made her a larger set, but then my Lagoon arrived and I dropped everything to do her face-up and try on wigs and clothes.  I want to make her an outfit before I introduce her -- watch for her next week.


Fun with Photoshop:  I solarized the background.

3 comments:

  1. That is completely adorable!! Wonderful sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you didn't! That is just about the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete