Friday, December 24, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

And all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a

PukiFee?



This precious little one from Fairyland arrived just in time for Christmas.  She is PukiFee Basic Zoe, and although I seem not to have jotted her stats anywhere, I seem to recall that she is 15 cm tall (just under 6 inches) and wears a 5-6 wig.  The wig size is important.  It's the reason I bought the doll in the first place.
Charo the chihuahua seems to be thinking:  At last!
Someone to play with who is more my size.
You see, I bought a wig on e-bay.  It was adorable, just the style for a LittleFee, and the perfect size:  6-7.  That is, it was supposed to be a 6-7.  In actuality, it was more like a -6.  (I know, there is no such size, but that is how it fit.)  None of my dolls could wear it.  I tried it on every Little and every MSD known to wear a 6-7, and it did not fit a single one of them -- not even Rosette Marguerite, who has a smaller head than the others.


PukiFee Zoe with LittleFee Ante Elf.  The
family resemblance includes elf ears.

Now some people would return a wig that doesn't fit.  The thing is, I really really liked it.  It's good quality -- it's just a tad small.  And I didn't want to mail it overseas, as I would end up paying more in postage than the wig cost originally.  So I did what any other bjd-fanatic would do in such a case -- I ordered a doll to fit the wig!

As I didn't feel like waiting two months for a doll to come from Korea, I ordered an in-stock doll from Denver Doll Emporium.  Zoe arrived within the week.  I knew there wasn't time to get a pattern and sew something before then, so I ordered an outfit at the same time.  So, I can't take credit for the little pink bloomers and white bib.  There is a hair bow, too, but as the wig already came with a pink ribbon, I haven't tried it on her yet.

A new charge for nursemaide Marguerite.


The irony of it all is that the wig is a bit large for Zoe.  (What size is this thing?)  I'm hoping that a wig cap will help keep it on her head.  Even so, it's a lot of hair for a little girl.  She already has a large head compared to her body.  It makes her top-heavy.  I will eventually buy her a wig that is more to scale.  I'm hanging onto the red wig anyway.  Who knows?  Someday a doll will arrive at Resin Corner and find it a perfect fit. 

Little Shiwoo shows off his stuffed moose as Zoe and Charo look on.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

1 comment:

  1. I love the dog and moose! Resin Corner has all kinds of interesting characters!!

    ReplyDelete